Tuesday, September 2, 2014

.Ladies Night.











Romper, Forever 21 // Jacket {not online, loving this this} // Booties, c/o Belle Boutique {not online, almost identical} // Sunnies, Ray-Ban // Necklace, Shoplately // Bracelets, Jcrew, c/o Sage K. & Co.Jcrew // Lips, Mac 'Saint Germain' & Maybelline Color Elixir gloss 'Radiant Bloom'

Today I'm teaming up with my girl Kylie from Absolutely Arkansas to do our take on the perfect "Ladies Night" look. She's a genius when it comes to doing makeup and hair, so she'll have you covered in that department, while I'll be talking about the ideal outfit. In addition to being one of my fav YouTube makeup gurus, Kylie is hands down the craftiest girl I know!! My mom and I seriously die over her DIY projects. If you aren't already following her blog, stop what you're doing right now and go check it out. You won't regret it. I promise you'll be running to home depot in the next hour to recreate some of her adorable projects. My personal favorite being these upholstered stools!!

Now on to the outfit I chose for ladies night out. I live in dresses and rompers during the hot months, so it was only natural that I picked this ruffled romper. I was instantly drawn to it because of the over sized ruffles and the gorgeous color. I thought it would be the perfect romper to dress up and wear at night. I love the way it looks with the polka dot blazer and black booties. I don't know about you, but when I go out with my girlfriends it usually includes wine and lots & lots of dancing!! These booties are seriously perfect for that because they look adorable, but are still extremely comfortable. There's nothing worse than your feet hurting so bad and to top it off you have to be that girl that leaves barefoot, we've all been there :) I pulled the look together with a pink lip and what else, lots and lots of jewels!! Because no fun outfit is complete without them!! I love that this outfit is so versatile. It could be worn for wine tasting, a nice dinner party or even out dancing! Don't forget to check out Kylie's makeup & hair look {here} so you can get some inspiration for your next ladies night out!

I hope everyone had an amazing Labor Day weekend!! Ours started on Friday night downtown for dinner and drinks with Tyler's family. Saturday we went brunching & checked out the farmer's market. Padres game followed by a BBQ on Sunday and some much needed relaxation on Monday. It was such a great three day weekend!! As always, thank you so much for stopping by!!!

XOXO, Kayla

Daily Doses of Darling:: InstagramFacebookPinterest Bloglovin'




3 comments:

  1. Cutest romper eve! I am obsessed with the ruffles! I seriously need a pair of booties for Fall, I think i'm the last person on earth to not own a pair! You look absolutely gorgeous as always! Now, next time i'm back home in SD can we please get together for a real ladies night?!

    xoxoxo,
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this look! that jewel toned romper will be perfect to transition into fall!

    xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color of this romper is so pretty! Heading over to checkout Kylie’s Youtube page!

    ReplyDelete