Monday, January 29, 2018

.Monthly Favorites // January.



Fashion

Gingham Flats- I don't know who took over the style department at Target, but they are killing it! It seems like every season they get better and better! Target Does it Again posted these gingham flats weeks ago and I am embarrassed to admit that I went to over 6 Targets to track them down...all with no luck! Ha. Finally they released them online and I bought them as fast I could! So glad I did because they are the cutest! They run true to size and are just the sweetest for Spring! I have my eye on these flats in the nude too (still not in stores by us)! 



The Perfect Shirt- This top was love at first try on for me! If you remember I tried it on in the vertical stripes a couple weeks ago, but ended up buying it in the pink for Valentine's Day! I honestly wanted and still want alll the patterns! There's a reason they call it the perfect shirt ;) I went with a medium and adore it tied at the bottom with distressed denim. It retails for $49 which I totally think it's worth it, but if you're looking for something similar for less than half the price, I found this shirt in pink and gray...seriously love both! 



Luxe T-Shirts- My love affair with these shirts dates all the way back to last year, but I feel like I fell madly in love with them again this month! I have the long sleeve version in multiple colors, the black one gets worn at least twice a week! I love that the sleeves are fitted and it still has a swing style (I wear a medium in these). I personally think they are very comparable to popular (and way more expensive) Free People January Tee. I have the short sleeve version in the olive green (from last year) and I just picked up the striped one! The material is SO nice, I think luxe is a great way to describe it. They also wash up nice and mine haven't faded at all! If you are looking to upgrade your basics, these are the perfect option. They also come in a sleeveless version



Ribbed Leggings- After purchasing the famous plush, striped leggings on black Friday, I basically became obsessed with wearing them. I was on the hunt for similar options and found these ribbed leggings from the same retailer. They are on sale for $12 and worth every last penny! I wear mine alll the time and even bought my mom a pair (she loves them too!). I highly recommend them if you are all about those cozy vibes too! (sizing info: I got a small) 

Old Navy Active Wear- In particular, I have been loving + living in their leggings! These moto ones and these mesh ones (which are only $20!) are definitely my favorite! Both are high waist and completely suck you in whether you are kicking butt at the gym or running after a little one. I also own a couple pairs of their cropped that I love too. 

(styled with the long sleeve luxe tee knotted!....told you I wear them too much.)



Beauty 

I've talked about time and time again how I am not a beauty guru and it's not my strong suite. But I am making more of an effort in 2018 to gain knowledge and test out new products. Because I truly enjoy finding gems at Ulta, Sephora, or my personal fav-the drugstore! If you have favorite beauty products you think I should try, please let me know!! And if you try something I share, I'd love to know your feedback! 

L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara- If you have been following my Instastories this past month than this is going to come as no surprise that I am obsessed with this mascara. It's usually on sale for under $6 and I would personally pay over $20 for it...it's that amazing! It makes my lashes look longer, thicker and it's ultra black! It doesn't flake off at all either. I wear it on it's own and when I want even more dramatic lashes, I layer it over this primer.


Real Techniques Beauty Sponge- A couple months ago I asked you ladies if there was a difference between this sponge and the real techniques one. Oh boy, who knew makeup sponges were such a heated topic! The answers were pretty split, but a lot of you told me to give the real techniques sponge a try because you loved it. At first I was convinced I liked the real techniques sponge, but honestly after sticking with it, I love it just as much as my old one! There really isn't that big of difference, besides the price...the real techniques is wayyy less expensive so it's a win! And a makeup routine favorite now!


Kiehls Lip Balm #1- Santa (aka my mom) left this glorious lip balm in my stocking this past Christmas. It came in a gift set with this lotion-that I'm also loving! I have sensitive and dry skin and have always found that Kiehls works wonders whenever I try their products. This body butter and this serum being at the top of my must have list. Somehow I've never tried this their lip balm though! I was missing out and I'll be repurchasing forever! It's so moisturizing!! If you have dry lips, this is a must!  It's only $7 + free shipping.


L'Oreal Magic BB Cream/Anti-Redness- I have been using this for a little over a month and reach for it daily. I wear it layered under this foundation on days I want more coverage. I also rock it on it's own when I want a no makeup, makeup look....does that make sense? Lol. Along with dry skin, my skin totally has a redness to it. This magic cream (which comes out green and changes to match you skin!) just tints it enough to counteract the redness. 


Kennedy



6 inch bows- These are pretty much the only bows I have been using for Kennedy lately! I love how big they are and think they look darling when she has a top knot or bun. They're also only $9 + free shipping with prime for 12 of them...score!! 


Random

Rose Gold Popsocket- I know these aren't new to anyone, except me! ha. I never thought I needed one of these and the truth is, I didn't need one, but it's made my life easier! Especially with all the IG try ons, this thing has been so neat. I loved the rose gold because it's matches my favorite marble case. You can't beat the price either ($15 + free shipping).

Phone Stand- Another tech item..who am I?! Ha. This was also a Christmas gift from my mom. I had never heard of it before and now use it every.single.day! I got the gold one, so it's even pretty ;) I love it for watching IG stories while I do the dishes if I'm being honest. Because dishes are boring and IG stories make the time go by faster! 


Tessemae's Salad Dressing- Super, duper random but out of this world delicious! I eat salads for lunch basically every day and this dressing is my go to. My favorites are the zesty ranch + lemon garlic. I'm dying to try all of them though! It's hard for me to eat salad without theses now. They are really low in calories and whole30 approved too.


I have to just say that my absolute favorite over the last couple months has been connecting with all of you! It has meant the world to me to share daily deals, big sales, style tips, and  everyday moments with you ladies. I know I have had this space (and IG) for years, but I recently started taking it more seriously. Fashion has always been a passion of mine and I used to dream of being a stylist. But in a small way IG has become that, when you guys message me and ask how to style something or share a picture of something you bought! I  want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this SO much fun!! 

I'm looking forward to connecting with you more in 2018! I would love to know what you guys want to see more of or if you have any suggestions. Shoot me an email (kaylaotineru@gmail.com) or a DM!

Xo, Kayla 

Daily Dose of Darling: Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook 




No comments:

Post a Comment