Monday, February 5, 2018

.Target Try-On // Universal Thread Launch.


Happy Monday, friends! This weekend went by in the blink of an eye. It was pretty jam packed with fun activities from dress up + playing tea parties with Kennedy (her fav right now) , a 50th birthday party, and of course Super Bowl. I'm not a sports person, Kennedy and I go for the snacks and good company ;)

 I also found a new show that I have been staying up way too late to watch! If you are looking for a new show to binge, you have to watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I spent most of Friday night laughing my booty off watching it! 

If you followed my stories on Instagram this past weekend (@kotineru) then you know Target released a new line (Universal Thread) online and I went and tried on basically everything! Except the jeans...they are not good quality and truthfully weren't even worth talking about. The line was giving me Anthropologie, Madewell, and Free People vibes. I originally posted all this to IG stories, but figured you might want this post to reference. 

If you have any questions at all regarding fit or sizing feel free to email me (kaylaotineru@gmail.com) or shoot me a DM! 

Striped Ruffle Sleeve Tee $17 {size medium}

This was the first piece that caught my eye when I walked in the store! I adore the thick stripes and the shade of blue....oh and of course those ruffle sleeves!! It's on the cropped side, so I opted for a medium. I love it tucked in or paired with shorts. I did find it to be a little unflattering untucked, but that could just be me. This was one of my favs for sure! 


Mid Rise Midi Shorts $16 {size 4}

I mentioned that I wasn't a fan of the actual denim line from Universal Thread, but their shorts are an exception! These shorts are everything I love in a good pair of shorts. Great length & just enough stretch! I couldn't believe they are only $16...I will be wearing this all summer! If you're not a fan of shorty shorts, I recommend these. I also saw this pair which wasn't available in my size. They looked darling on the hanger though! 



Tie Front Pullover $22 {size medium}

I thought this sweater was so chic! The tie front was different than any other knit sweaters I've seen all season and totally give it something extra. This also comes in lilac that would be pretty for spring with white jeans! Another way I would style this would be with distressed denim shorts and these slides. Totally a San Diego Winter style outfit! 




FAVORITE piece from the entire collection!! This dress is so dreamy and perfection for spring/summer! It totally reminded me of something you would find at Anthro for 7x the price. I tried it on in an xsmall because that's all they had at my store. I ordered it in the small and I'm hoping that I love it just as much! FYI, the buttons are functional so it will totally work for you nursing moms!


Striped Tank Dress $19 {size medium}

Another dress that I fell in love with for the warmer months. This dress was so lightweight and easy. It gets SO hot here during the middle of summer all the way to Thanksgiving, I look for pieces like this that I can wear when we are lounging that are still cute. You can throw it over your bathing suit when you're at the lake or pool. I also love that you can pair it will sandals, I find that the Tory Burch Miller Sandals (my favs!) make it look a little more dressed up instead of flip flops. I was thinking too, it would look adorable paired with sneakers and a hat with a denim jacket! Basically it's the perfect little dress to add to your wardrobe for $19! 



This top is crazy soft! It also comes in an olive color, but the blush is what I was loving. You can pair this with jeans now and shorts later as it warms up. Or you could it even leave it unbuttoned over a dress! Maybe even the striped cotton dress-SO cute! 



Embroidered Tassel Tank $19  {size small} 

This tank is darling! The detailing is so pretty and I love that it has the adjustable tassels. Another great option that you layer now under a cardigan or jean jacket and pair with shorts when it warms up. The quality on this tank was amazing too! 




This little top was in my top three from the line! It's reminds me of summer in all the right ways! I love that it's red, white + blue! The perfect little patriotic top for Memorial Day and the 4th of July. It also would look pretty cute with white jeans and these booties




I'd love to know what you are thinking of the line and if you have any favorites! So far, I'm impressed with everything, the only downfall being the denim. I'm sure that will change as they release new pieces since everything is so new! 

Xo, Kayla


Daily Dose of Darling: Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment