Wednesday, August 27, 2014

.That 70's Feel.








Jumpsuit, c/o Miss Match // Kimono, The Closet {not online, obsessed with this & this}  // Wedges, Steve Madden {old, love these & these} // Necklace, c/o Teal House Collection // Sunnies, Karen Walker // Bracelets, Jcrew, Jcrew {not online, love this tassel}, c/o Teal House Collection // Lips, NYX gloss 'Tea Rose'

This past Saturday I had the privilege of working with Miss Match boutique at their Ocean Beach location. I got to play dress up with all their new arrivals and take pictures that will be featured on both their website and Facebook. It was seriously SO much fun! I mean, what girl wouldn't love spending hours putting together endless looks in the cutest boutique around?! One of my favorite parts of the day was that I got to majorly step out of my comfort zone and try on items I would never think to grab. From palazzo pants, to sky high wedges and kimonos. I was thinking to myself, I've really been missing out!! 

After we wrapped that day it was time for a little shopping, because duh I wasn't leaving there empty handed!! I ended up snagging the very first look I tried on, this black jumpsuit. Now, we all know if you have been a reader for sometime or follow me on Instagram, I love me a romper.  I try to wear them as much as possible, but I have only owned and worn one jumpsuit. I knew instantly when I put this one on that it had to be mine. Girls, it is more comfortable than some pajamas I own!!! I'm not joking, can I have one in every color please?! When I styled this jumpsuit for Miss Match, it was paired with a kimono and I love the look, so I wanted to recreate it. I have also never owned a kimono! I see them just about everywhere, but I never felt like I could pull it off. I'm pretty much beyond obsessed now!! I love that this one is black with roses, because it will easily work in the fall too. It would look darling with skinny jeans and boots!! Can you tell I'm dying for it to cool down here?!

Also, how drop dead gorgeous is this necklace?! I love the antique vibe it has. I have been wearing it non-stop and just can't get enough. I love that it can be paired with just about anything from a tee shirt to a dress, and look just as fab! I know this necklace is going to be a favorite for a long time!

XOXO, Kayla

P.S. I'm doing a giveaway over on Instagram with 16 other amazing bloggers and shops. It's going on until 8pm EST time today so go enter!! I'm giving away a $25 Nordstrom card!! There's 17 different winners and you are going to want every prize!!!


Daily Doses of Darling:: InstagramFacebookPinterest Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. YESSSS!!! this outfit is everything!! the jumpsuit is so flattering it fits you perfectly and that kimono is literally what i have been looking for. i want a black floral kimono because like you said, it will be so perfect for the fall!

    too cute, proud of you for going outside your comfort zone, it's almost always worth it!

    xo mk
    gold-hatted lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look lovely! That jumpsuit is definitely flattering on you and the floral kimono is nice to break up the all-black look :)

    Found you in one of the fashion blogs I frequent and thought I'd give you a visit. Would you like to connect via GFC or other social networks? Xo

    Let me know if that is something that is of interest to you :)

    xo,
    Abby
    http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete