Friday, December 23, 2016

.Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree.







{always taking us by the hand to go on an adventure!}









{always on the go! Or go, go, go as she would say!}


{Photo Credit: James Nicolau Photo}

Kayla
Dress, c/o Miss Match || Faux Fur, old {similar here & here} || Heels, Forever 21 {such a great height!!} || Necklace, c/o Harper & Jewels {not online, loving this similar option!}

Kennedy
Dress, Old Navy || Jacket, Gap {on sale!} || Flats, Old Navy || Bow, Little Poppy Co.

Merry Christmas Eve, Eve!! It's currently raining outside, I squeezed in an early morning Starbucks run in my Pjs, we have Christmas candles burning, and Kennedy's having a dance party in the middle of our living room. I'd say we are having a pretty merry start to our day :) There's a festive feel in the air and I'm loving it. Why can't it be the holidays allll year long?!

I'm finally sharing our Christmas photos that we took with our fav, James Nicolau at the beginning of the month. I'm totally slacking on getting our Christmas cards sent out (like every year) so if you're reading this and wondering where yours is, don't be surprised when it arrives next week ;) These photos have stolen my heart. These are going to be hard to top next year!!

Our shoots can tend to be a little chaotic behind the scenes trying to wrangle Kennedy into the photos. If I'm being honest, the ones that she's running around doing her own thing tend to my favorites. She's such a wild, sweet spirit and these photos capture her so perfectly. I will forever cherish looking back on these. I will always giggle when I think of how obsessed she was with our empty Starbucks cup. She kept pretending like she was drinking out of it and saying "mmmmmm" :) She might have got a drop, if she was lucky! But now whenever she sees our red cup, she begs for our "tooooffffeee" likes she's a regular at Starbucks. Haha I have created a little coffee loving monster.

Her age mixed with the Christmas magic these past couple weeks has been the best. Facebook reminded me the other day that she started crawling a year ago at this time and I remember thinking this is the greatest Christmas, ever! Now one whole year later, I am thinking the same exact thing. The love this little girl brings into our lives is nothing short of amazing and gets me so, so excited for all the Christmas memories we have in our future! 

Three things I can't stop dressing Kennedy in this season: her little red shoes, her gray polka dot cozy sweater, and the cutest red bow from Little Poppy & Co..I'm currently obsessing over festive pops of red, so the shoes and bow were a no-brainer when I ordered them. I just didn't realize how much I was really going to love them. Thankfully, Valentine's Day is right around the corner, so I can keep the pops of red coming!! 

I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!! I hope the next couple days are filled with so much love, laughter, and family!! Thank you for always being so amazing to us and following along with all our adventures!

Xo, Kayla 


No comments:

Post a Comment