Friday, February 14, 2014

.Happy Valentine's Day.

Dress, Fashion Exchange // Shoes, Aldo // Necklace, The Limited (Sold Out) Love This One & Jcrew // Bracelets, Mindy Mae's Market  c/o & Jcrew // Watch, Kate Spade // Midi Ring, Forever 21 // Pom Pom Flower, Shop Bando ( I seriously want one in every color!!) // Lips, Mac 'Lickable'

Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope your day is filled with lots of love, flowers, and candy!! If I'm honest, this is the probably the first year that I am super into Valentine's day. I have been trying to sneak pops of pink, red, and hearts in all my outfits the past couple weeks! I think I have fallen in love with the holiday because it's a great time to appreciate, not just your significant other, but all your loved ones!

This past weekend I hosted a tea party for my cousins and adorable Grandma. It was the perfect afternoon. We spent the day sipping tea, indulging in sweet treats, and of course lots & lots of girl talk. No matter how old we get, whenever we get together, it's like we're little girls again! I love it :)

When I was planning the party, the one thing I was stressing about was my outfit. I had this vision in my mind of what I wanted, but I couldn't find it anywhere! One would think it wouldn't be that hard to find a pink dress a week before Valentine's Day! The night before the party I was running errands, in downtown La Mesa, Ca, when I randomly stopped in Fashion Exchange. Fashion Exchange is a consignment store that carriers new and vintage items. I can't tell you how many times I have walked past there without stopping in. Boy was I missing out! Immediately, I locked eyes on a this pink dress behind the register. They had just got it in, it still had the tags on it, and it was in my size! If that's not fate, I don't know what is! I knew before I even tried it on that it was going home with me. It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for. The original tag was on there and it was marked $119. Since they had just got it in, I was nervous to hear what the owner was going to price it at. When she asked me if I was willing to buy it for $21.99, I almost screamed!! I felt like I had hit the retail jackpot. Moral of the story, if you live in San Diego you have to go by Fashion Exchange and take a look around!!

XOXO, Kayla

Daily Doses of Darling: Instagram, Facebook & Bloglovin'



3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute dress and what a steal at 21.99 I think I might have scream too, beautiful pictures :)

    Aloha, Kathleen | House of Polynesia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's always exciting when you find something you love on sale! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this dress but even beyond that these pictures are BEAUTIFUL. I live for a good sale I may have just passed out when she asked me if I want it for that cheap.

    xo
    Camille
    Guilty of Glitz

    ReplyDelete