Wednesday, March 19, 2014

.San Diego Spring & Pastels.












If you follow me on Instagram you might recognize the lovely lady in these photos with me as Ashley from Polka Dots & Sailor Stripes. I can't even begin to describe the fun we had taking these at the beautiful Hotel Del Coronado this past weekend!! We spent the day being followed around by my photographer (cough, cough...boyfriend!) drinking champagne and laughing our butts off! I'm not kidding, I could do an entire post on our blooper pictures!! 

When we were brain storming on collaborating together, we were trying to think of fashion trends we could touch on. We agreed on pastels since they are going to be everywhere in the coming months. Pastels are gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but aside from the nail polish department, they aren't something I find myself gravitating towards. This Spring I am ready to welcome pastels with open arms! Shopping for the perfect pastel outfit was honestly quite the challenge. I knew what i wanted in my head, but as fate would have it, it was no where to be found. Does this ever happen to anyone else?! I finally came across this pastel pink blazer while walking through H&M! Truthfully, I couldn't find anything to go with it while shopping. When I came home, I felt totally frustrated and defeated (can we say dramatic? lol) I decided to look in my closet and try pairing it with anything and everything! That's when I found this dress buried in the back of my closet! I forgot how much I LOVE this dress. I bought it last year for Tyler's sister's wedding so it holds a special place in my heart :) I was so pleased with they way the two looked together! 

Head on over to Polka Dots & Sailor Stripes to get all the details on Ashley's outfit! You're going to love her blog!! 

Dress, Forever 21 (old) // Blazer, H&M (not online) Similar  // Heels, Nordstrom (old) Obsessed with These! // Necklaces, Jcrew (old) Similar & Tom Designs via Jane c/o // Bracelets, Jcrew & Forever 21 (old) Loving This One! // Watch, Kate Spade // Midi Ring, Forever 21 // Sunnies, Anthropologie (old) Similar  //  Nails, Essie 'Boom Boom Room' // Lips, NYX Gloss 'Tea Rose'

Daily Dose of Darling: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment