Monday, October 31, 2016

.The Cutest Jacket & An Exciting Wedding Update.










Coat, c/o Shein {only $25!!} || Jeans, c/o Miss Match || Booties, c/o Grey Monroe {my favorite} || Blouse, old {similar option here, only $13} || Sunnies, Karen Walker 

Happy Halloween!! I hope you all had a super fun weekend filled with spooky fun. Our  weekend was such a great one! It started with a family trip to the pumpkin patch {pictures below}, running around getting last minute things for our family costume, our niece's 2nd birthday party, way too much sugar, wedding planning {more on that below}, lots of giggles and so much love. The Birthday party was a costume party, so we even got to see Kennedy in her costume!! We are all dressing up on Halloween and I can't wait to share it!

This must be my wedding planning coat because I wore it twice this week and both times were to go look at venues! It turned out to be good luck because we finally decided on one and booked it!! If you remember, we got engaged last Christmas {feels like forever ago} and I successfully put off planning for about 10 months. Recently, I have felt the urge to get the planning started. Now that we have the venue selected, the real fun can begin. You know, like the dress shopping :) We plan on DIYing a good portion, so that has me excited and a little nervous, if I'm being honest. All I have to say is thank goodness for Pinterest! If you have any tips at all when it comes to wedding planning, I'm all ears!!

Sizing info for the coat: I got a medium thinking the small would be too small. I was wrong, I wish I would have ordered the small. The medium isn't huge, but I would have liked it to be a little more fitted. Just make sure you order according to your exact measurements!






{Kennedy's First ice cream truck experience!}


{That smile melts me!! It was all fun in games until we tried to take that ice cream away!! #meltdown haha!}

Kennedy's Dress || Bow Flats || Bow, c/o Simply Sweet Bows

Now that Kennedy's 18 months, her hair is getting really long! Her days of rocking the Donald Trump comb over are long behind us ;) Now that her hair is on the longer side, we have been wearing more bows than headbands. I just love when she's rocking a pony, a teeny tiny bun or pig tails! I still have a thing for handmade bows. Besides them being the absolute best quality, you know you are helping a hardworking mama most of the time.

Recently I came across Simply Sweet Bows on Instagram when searching for the perfect fall bows to add to our collection. We just received our first bows and let me tell you, they are perfect!! The quality is some of the best and I know these bows are going to be our favorites for years to come!! Kennedy's wearing her first large sailor bow {ever} in the 'Navy Swiss Dot' in these pumpkin patch pics. I'm obsessed with how it looks in her hair!! I can guarantee that I'll be planning her outfits around it. I think this is my new favorite style bow. I have my eye on this one & this floral one too!!

We also got this darling pigtail set & this burgundy classic bow. The classic style is the perfect bow to stock up in all the colors. She carries every color under the rainbow and she even offers it in adorable prints. You can follow Simply Sweet Bows on Instagram {here} to see all her new arrivals. Word on the street is that she'll be release the holiday collection tomorrow!! She posted a little sneak peek and it's going to be so good. Also, one thing I love about her shop is that she offers free shipping when your order is over $20!! Free shipping wins every single time!! Happy Shopping, ladies!


Xo, Kayla 

Daily Dose of Darling: Instagram || Facebook || Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment