Tuesday, July 5, 2016

.4th Of July.











Kayla
Romper, c/o Miss Match {kayla20 for 20% off} // Sandals, Target {sold out, almost exact version here & on sale!} // Sunnies, Karen Walker {on mega sale, 40% off!! } // Lips, MAC 'Creme Cup'

Kennedy
Romper, Old Navy {not available online, LOVE this version/ & obsessed with this one! I honestly might buy it in every color!! } // Jelly Sandals, Old Navy // Headband, Hunter Bowtique


Happy Tuesday, loves! Even though it most definitely feels like a Monday ;) We had such a jam packed, fun, festive weekend! It was Kennedy's 2nd Fourth Of July and I'm happy to report she had a great time celebrating!! 

We spent most of the weekend in Coronado because our family was staying down there. The whole island was decorated and put us in the festive spirit! Sunday included bike rides, playground shenanigans for Kennedy & her little bestie, and food and dancing at a local pub that had a live band! Best part was hands down taking Kennedy and her little friend out on the dance floor. They were both little dancing queens and loving every second of it!! 

Monday morning we got back down to Coronado bright & early for the parade. This was our first year and honestly I don't know how we have never been! If you want to get in the spirit of the holiday, this is the event to go to! My favorite part was when we got to celebrate the World War 2 vets! Talk about goose bumps!! Kennedy really loved watching the parade and we are hoping to make this a new family tradition. One of the best parts about having a family is making these family traditions! It makes my heart so happy :) 

We ended the day with swimming and a bbq. We didn't end up watching fireworks because we were SO tired by the time they rolled around! Next year, for sure. It was such a great day and I am a little sad to see it gone! Watching all these special events through the eyes of your child has to be the greatest blessing! Yesterday left me feeling very thankful! It also got me excited thinking about how close Christmas is.....haha is it too early to start counting down?!

One  of the highlights of my day was Kennedy falling asleep in the Ergo! She's seriously on the move from the moment she wakes up till she goes to bed at night. Which doesn't leave much time for snuggles these days! It made my mama heart SO happy to have her still and close for that hour. The Ergo is always my secret weapon when I know we are going to be out and miss nap time. She typically gives into it and falls asleep hard! I mean she slept through half the parade and she's even slept through the Disneyland fireworks once in it!! This thing is magic.

I hope all of you had an amazing Fourth Of July with your family as well!! I would love to know what you did and hear about your family traditions!! 

Xo, Kayla 

Daily Dose of Darling: Instagram || Facebook || Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment